Welcome to Marvelous

We are an alternate universe MCU site, based post-Civil War. Please register with your characters name with proper casing, first and last. Here at Marvelous, we do accept people from every background. You don't have to be a superb novelist to sign up! Our word count is a mere 150, to spare us those one liners people love so much!

Hero of the Moment
Villain of the Moment
Female of the Moment
Member of the Month

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

On the Street Where You (Used to) Live, (tag: Emma Frost)
Scott Summers
 Posted: Jun 12 2017, 02:06 AM

Nicknames / Cyclops

Age / 33

Occupation / Teacher

TBD / TBD

FC / Scott Eastwood

Jason / EST / he

Spending your day off running errands wasn't exactly the most glamorous of occupations to occupy a man's time, but it did give Scott an opportunity to get away from the school for a few hours. Besides, when said errands involved picking up parts for the 1968 Shelby Mustang GT500-KR he was restoring it was win-win. When he was finished, the two-door fastback would be valuable. The care he'd taken to use original parts would increase the vehicle's value. Nothing like ensuring that a job is done right. As much as he loved working on these cars, he enjoyed the profit to be had when completed. It meant he could buy a bigger boat, potentially retire a bit earlier, too.

Scott was not a clotheshorse but he did like to be comfortable and clean. Carrying the boxed carburetor inside a double paper bag, he turned the corner on the way to the local diner. He was in the mood for a quick lunch and they had the best hamburgers. Their pies were arguably the best, even better than most of the diners in New York City.

The longtime teacher paused. His boots came to a stop on the sidewalk as he saw her. At first, he wasn't certain that it was Emma Frost. It had been years since he'd last seen her. Though she was younger, even back in high school at the Institute she'd been the kind of girl that either fulfilled a boy's dreams or made life a nightmare. Luckily, Scott felt as if he'd escaped either of those fates. In school, as much as his life now, he tended to keep to himself and keep his head down. Focused on the task at hand or his goals kept him immune to many of the issues other males faced when faced with a woman like Emma.

Doesn't matter, anyway. She never knew I existed. Doubt if I speak to her now she'll even remember who I am.

In school, Scott had found it difficult enough with Jean around. Beauty like her's was rare. Looking at the woman leaving the building and crossing the sidewalk toward the open limo door, Scott knew that women don't come along like her often, either. He'd not had the confidence to speak to Emma Frost more than absolutely necessary fifteen years ago. He considered holding his ground now, and letting her continue to her car unaware of his presence. But then his feet began to move.

He wasn't the same boy, either. And men like Scott Summers were rare too.

Stopping short, so he wouldn't startle her. They were vritually strangers, after all. He doidn't mean to, but he allowed himself to smile as he spoke, "Emma? Emma Frost?" He waited until he knew she'd heard him before setting the bagged carberater down beside his right boot. He introduced himself, not lifting a hand to shake unless he noticed her doing the same, "Scott Summers. From the Xavier Institute."

She won't remember me. I was invisble back then. She is beautiful, though.

@emma frost

PM
^
emma frost
 Posted: Jun 12 2017, 02:31 AM

Nicknames / White Queen

Age / 30

Occupation / CEO

Single / n/A

FC / Katheryn Winnick

Soapy / NZST / She/Her

It was a terrible shame that it had come down to this. Emma needed the rights to some land within NYC, which unfortunately were held by a man living in Salem. She had contacted him regarding him selling the rights, but he first demanded six times the lands worth, then flatly declined to sell at all. A pity...

More so the pity that his mind was as pliable as a mind could be. It would have taken mere seconds for Emma to burrow her way into the man's mind, and to change his decision... But while she was in there, she made a few more tweaks... They weren't much when taken separately, but when all together, it would lead to a flow on that would cause the man to drop out of speculative land purchases all together. One less thread for Emma to have to pull on again, and he could go on about his life in such a way that he never bothered her again... And the best part was, it would all seem to be his own idea.

She thanked the man as he signed over his rights, and with a satisfied smirk she stood and left the table, the all important documents pressed against her hip.
Yet she had barely stepped out of the building when a very familiar mind became obvious to her... She remembered a mind when she had felt it once, and this mind in particular heralded back to a number of years ago...

Back when she was at Xavier's Institute, the cage she had broken free of... She ignored it, even as the man named Scott Summers tossed and turned in his mind whether he should approach her... She was curious enough to see quite how he would fall on this coin flip he was making... Eventually, he decided to approach her, a decision which surprised her. He had never been particularly direct or even spoken to her when they were at the institute together, so... why was he now?

She turned to face the man when he addressed her, crossing her arms over her chest. "I know who you are Scott Summers. The boy with the rose tinted glasses" she said, smirking slightly. She might have been less than moral with the use of her powers, but she avoided declaring that she knew about Scott's laser eyes... Of course she did, she had attended the school at the same time as him, but to publicly out a mutant who may very well be in hiding... Even she would not stoop that low. She cared for her mutant brothers and sisters, even if she sometimes had a funny way of showing it. "And what exactly can I do for you?" she asked simply.

She kept her face straight, but secretly she enjoyed what she was getting out of the man's head. Mental declarations of her beauty touched the vanity she held just below the surface, and at the very least, guaranteed she'd humor him with a conversation. So long as it continued to interest her that is...

@Scott Summers
PM
^
Scott Summers
 Posted: Jun 12 2017, 03:04 AM

Nicknames / Cyclops

Age / 33

Occupation / Teacher

TBD / TBD

FC / Scott Eastwood

Jason / EST / he

"I know who you are Scott Summers."

The jury was still out on whether or not this had been a good idea. Scott schooled his features, keeping his expression neutral as she turned and spoke. Her tone was one of confidence and self-assurance and he liked that. he didn't enjoy needy individuals as a rule. So many of her class often lead the kind of lives that left them nothing more than simpletons and whiners. He hoped she wasn't one of them.

"The boy with the rose tinted glasses"

Summers fought the urge to frown and succeeded. The one thing in my life I can't control. He was an expert at hiding his emotions and remaining seemingly untouched. Of course. That's all she remembers about me. The muscles in his jaw may or may not have tensed slightly. The smirk on her lips was the crowning insult to injury. he shouldn't have expected less. Even if I often want more. He forced his throat to open, his tone was smooth, masculine and steady, "That would be me."

He was tempted to dismiss her, but he'd ventured into this potential snake pit, so he might as well bite. Besides, he'd read about some of her more charitable works. Anyone who seemed to champion human rights, and those of mutants especially, deserved five minutes of his time, "What brings you to Salem?" It was likely business, but he wouldn't pry farther or more deeply than she wished to reveal. This was casual, in all regards, after all.

"And what exactly can I do for you?"

He was the one to smirk then. It amused him that she'd ignored his inquiry in favor of her own. He liked that about her, too. He was not a pushover or the kind of man to let a woman walk over him but he'd give her her due, for now. He enjoyed that she didn't seem the kind to want to mince words or waste time. He could handle that.

Too bad she doesn't embrace the fact that she's a mutant.

Scott didn't know what she could do, but no one who attended the school as a student was human. Being Xavier's son, for all intent and purposes gave him certain privileges that even hefty checks from the Frost Foundation couldn't mask. While no one discussed it, he knew she had a secret. He just didn't know what that was. he was okay with that, too, for now. "I'm on my way to have one of the best burgers in the upstate. Care to join me?"

This would give her an out if she wanted one. Standing here in the street was going to draw attention. Asking her outright like this was a risk, but Scott was willing to cut his losses if she declined. after all, it'd be another fifteen years before he saw her again if she said no.

If she does say no, it's the hamburger, not me. She doesn't know me. Not even if she thinks she does. He stood his ground, ignoring her driver and the open car door. What's it going to be Emma? Risk or run?

@emma frost

PM
^
emma frost
 Posted: Jun 12 2017, 03:28 AM

Nicknames / White Queen

Age / 30

Occupation / CEO

Single / n/A

FC / Katheryn Winnick

Soapy / NZST / She/Her

It seemed that the conversation was going her way. She had no real goal or direction with what she was saying, but she enjoyed practicing her use of words to throw a person off guard. And based on what she was sensing from Scott, she wasn't doing half bad. He wasn't exactly rocked back on his heels, but her words were at the least giving him pause. Good to know.

"What brings me to Salem is business, but I know you haven't stopped me for small talk" she said simply, pushing the conversation past a topic she quite simply had no interest in discussing with a random passerby on the street. The fact that she had been in the same school as the man in front of her meant nothing in that regard, she would not even have shared the details of what was in the folder in her arms with even her driver, and she had interacted with him every day since she hired him on.

An assortment of thoughts pinged off Scott to Emma, which ranged from judgements regarding her closeted position as a mutant, to thoughts regarding her demeanor. The first grated on her, but she immediately swept it away. She did not, and would not justify herself to this man, or anyone else in the world. But then the conversation took a turn she hadn't expected.

He asked her to get a meal with him. She didn't react externally, a practiced and measured impassiveness cloaking her features almost permanently when she didn't decide that emoting would serve her interests. What caught her attention was he mentally was challenging her. She could sense he didn't know she could see into his mind, a fact that almost made her laugh, but it also meant he wasn't schooling his thoughts as he did his expression.
It felt like he was challenging her, insinuating in his own mind that she wouldn't do it. For a moment she felt like dismissing him, simply getting in the car and telling her driver to pull away. Simple really.

But at the same time, she wanted to mess with him.

Turning and handing the folder to the driver, she said simply "You know where to put this", to which the Driver respectfully nodded, before closing the door, climbing into the front seat and closing his own door, and pulling away from the kerb.

She didn't speak again, simply gesturing that Scott should start walking.

@Scott Summers
PM
^
Scott Summers
 Posted: Jun 12 2017, 04:29 AM

Nicknames / Cyclops

Age / 33

Occupation / Teacher

TBD / TBD

FC / Scott Eastwood

Jason / EST / he

"What brings me to Salem is business, but I know you haven't stopped me for small talk"

"Small talk is a waste of time." He said, believing that with every fiber of his being. So many people wasted so much of their lives in the unnecessary. This is why I like telepaths. So much simpler and shit gets done. maybe he had been Xavier's son for too long, but it was true. Not having to seek each other out during the points in the day when they needed to speak saved countless steps up and down the mansion stairs. Minutes, hours, months over the course of the last twenty some odd years had been saved by eliminating the unnecessary between them.

Summers watched her carefully as he waited to see how she'd respond to his invitation. While it was a challenge, one so few women ever truly rose above, he didn't know that she was aware of it. While he was not exactly a Casanova or a Lothario, he knew enough about life to know that if he fucked this up, this was it. He'd never see her again. Not that it would matter....much...still, there was something about the woman before him that he found captivating and sublime. Not just her perfume, either. Interesting that she is even considering my offer.

This gambit could be one he lost before the horse even got out of the gate. He tried not to let that worry him, and if he was honest with himself he wasn't worried at all. After all, they were strangers despite their past connection. The truth was, Scott Summers liked testing himself. Even if she gets into her car and tells the driver to take her back to her life, I've won. Shyness was a bitch. The moments when you overcame it were worth something.

Her decision to join him for lunch did surprise him. For the first time in a long time, Scott was rendered speechless. No, this was not the same as choosing not to talk. This was an utter and complete surprise, and pleasantly so. Scott didn't say anything as he listened to her dismiss her driver. The smile on his face wasn't brilliantly lit as smiles went, but it was illuminating just the same. Inside, his gut was jumping as if he'd swallowed a few teaspoons of Mexican jumping beans. Outside, beyond the brief display of warmth, Scott was doing his best to remain stoic, accepting his good fortune for what it was.

Good fortune.

"Right this way," he indicated the diner at the end of the block. Landscaped with seasonal flower beds and surrounded by leafy trees, the silver clad throwback was charming in its own right. Scott bent and retrieved the paper bag at his feet and began to walk. he made sure to slow his stride. At six foot four, he was nearly a foot taller than his guest. He'd already tested her patience. There was no need to add rudeness to his sins.

He didn't feel the need to make excuses for the place they were about to eat, even if he assumed the woman beside him hadn't set foot in a place like it for decades, if ever. He did hope that she would enjoy herself and find something on the menu that she would find tasty. He was less concerned about his own impression, regardless of his curiosity about her. To call it attraction at this juncture would be premature. I'm curious. That's all. Let's see if she's all business. Business in the streets...a vixen in the bedroom...isn't that what they called the perfect woman? They are full of shit he thought, dismissing most of what he'd heard older men say about women.

No woman worth her salts pays them any mind, anyway.

"One moment," Scott stopped as they reached his parked car, "excuse me."[/b] He reached behind her for the passenger door handle of his car. the click of the remote key causing the car door to rise. Most wouldn't expect a teacher to be able to afford a car like this, but then Scott Summers wasn't just an ordinary run of the mill teacher, not if you were able to see past the boyscout facade. He was a man who spent his life saving a world that didn't want him. Scott was also a man who had risked his life countless times only to have all witnesses mind-wiped to forget what they'd seen him do. Such was the life of a hero, super or not.

The bag he'd been carrying tucked safely behind the passenger seat and the car locked, Scott turned to the woman in front of him, "This isn't the kind of place to call ahead for a table." Was he making excuses for his life now? He didn't think so. Did he suddenly care what she thought? No, he told himself.

At the diner, resplendent in its retro glory, Scott would hold the door open for the elderly couple leaving as they arrived and for the woman named Emma Frost as well. Had he known her better, he might have placed one of his large, steady hands against the small of her back. Instead, he thought of doing so - sometime. He would pick out the cleanest booth in less than the blink of an eye, his sense of spacial awareness instantly pinging off the reflective surfaces of each table until he found the suitable one. He'd wait for her to sit, too, before taking his own seat across from her in the booth with an almost gentle, "After you."

@emma frost

PM
^
emma frost
 Posted: Jun 12 2017, 08:05 PM

Nicknames / White Queen

Age / 30

Occupation / CEO

Single / n/A

FC / Katheryn Winnick

Soapy / NZST / She/Her

"Small talk is a waste of time"

Emma didn't entirely disagree on that front. Talking about the weather, or the latest fashion trends or which team won the latest game of grown men fighting over a ball was so beyond her understanding that she simply filtered that out in its entirety. She'd had men approach her on the street and simply dissolve into almost every conversational cliche she'd heard of, all 'How about this weather' and 'Do you come here often's. In the end, she'd left them staring into space believing they were still talking to her while she walked away. The benefits of being a telepath of her caliber were legion it seemed...

However on the topic of her telepathy, she found it immensely amusing that at that moment Scott was considering that he liked telepaths for their ability to see through the bullshit. He really did not know what she could do... But she wasn't about to give away her ace up her sleeve, not knowing that the person opposite you could see the internal voice of your mind allowed the other to gain so much information that you didn't even realize you were giving...

As her car pulled away, she followed the man into what turned out to be an almost dirty building. Some might have called it rustic, but those people were often nostalgic, something Emma herself did not suffer from. The thoughts swirling through Scott's head as she followed him, he held the door for her and allowed her to sit gave her slight pause. What did he think this meeting was? His thoughts bounded between inappropriate turns of phrase and muses about his life. The car he owned was flashy, which made it obvious he had money, or at least a source of income that he could tap enough to be able to afford a car of that sort... Well, that or he had someone covering him financially.

She took the seat, crossing her legs over at the knee under the table and resting her hands atop her legs. It was how she often sat when in business meetings, but it was also a calculated action. She was well aware of her looks, and she found that sitting the way she was tended to draw attention to her legs. A distraction, intended to give herself more leverage over most any situation she found herself in.

"It surprises me that you would eat in a place like this" she said simply, keeping her icy eyes fixed on Scott. "Would be an awful shame if you got sick from poorly prepared food" she commented, her tone non-chalant. But again, she chose her words carefully, everything a measured and weighted response...

@Scott Summers
PM
^
Scott Summers
 Posted: Jun 14 2017, 10:46 AM

Nicknames / Cyclops

Age / 33

Occupation / Teacher

TBD / TBD

FC / Scott Eastwood

Jason / EST / he

The diner was likely not up to snuff for the likes of Ms. Emma Frost, Scott realized. Being from more or less military stock, he didn't see the diner as almost dirty he saw it as pleasantly busy, a sign of good food on the horizon. If the place had been empty and pristine when they'd entered, he would have turned around and left. As it was, people were smiling and eating and the atmosphere was alive with the hum of low conversations punctuated by the occasional laugh or expletive. He never considered that this might be what it was like for a mutant able to hear the thoughts around her twenty-four seven.

"It surprises me that you would eat in a place like this."

Behind the glasses, his eyebrow rose. He wondered why she was surprised. "Why is that" Had she forgotten so much from her time at Xavier's that she not think Xavier's heir the kind to eat a cheeseburger or enjoy a late-night waffle? No, alas, it seemed that her concern was more for his gut health than taste buds. "Would be an awful shame if you got sick from poorly prepared food."

"It would be." He smirked, adding, "If you're worried, botulism and salminella grow on lettuce more readily than meat." The waitress arrived, one that had been waiting on him for fifteen years. her name was Sarah and she was a single mother of three, her oldest just now graduating from high school. All human, she didn't seem to mind the kids from Xavier's. This place wasn't Harry's Hideaway, but then even as low-rent as this might be for someone like Emma Frost the socialite wasn't having to contend with drunks and beer breathing imbeciles taunting her.

Sarah nodded at Scott, "The usual?" The pretty redhead isn't with him? Strange. I always liked them together. Who is this blond trollop? The waitress turned to Scott's guest and asked, tight-lipped, "Do you know what you'd like? Or can I get you a menu?"

Scott nodded when asked about his order. He hoped Emma wouldn't be intimidated by the age of the place. For Summers it was nostalgic, reminiscent of trips to places like this with his brother and parents back before they all died. He thought, albeit briefly, about the plane crash that took them all from him. It was easier not to focus on the past but instead, the good he could do for the kids at the school, for mutant-kind.

@emma frost

PM
^
emma frost
 Posted: Jun 21 2017, 03:07 AM

Nicknames / White Queen

Age / 30

Occupation / CEO

Single / n/A

FC / Katheryn Winnick

Soapy / NZST / She/Her

Scott was certainly correct about one thing at the least. The Diner Emma found herself seated in was far from what she would have normally used... Or as the red tinted glasses wearing man put it, 'not up to snuff'... however that was where the man's correctness ended. Emma didn't forget, with the way her brain worked things never seemed to leave it... One she learned a piece of information, whether big or small it remained there, and with the mastery she had gained over her own mind during the years... It was plenty easy to store information and retrieve it in the time it took her to fire the synapses in her own highly developed mind.

"I'm sure it does" she commented in regards to the information regarding the dangers of lettuce. Then came the waitress. She said one thing, but her mind spoke a completely different sentence. While her tone was courteous and even slightly welcoming, Emma knew the truth. A redhead, and the true feelings of the woman who would be handling their food. A Trollop huh? Shame, Emma had almost considered leaving her mind intact.

"A menu, thank you" she said, a sickly sweet smile on her face. She waited for the woman to bring her a menu, which she promptly set down on the other side of the table and didn't even look at. "Know what? I don't think I'm actually that hungry"
As Scott made his order, Emma leaned back easily in her seat, but her mind had already blown through into the waitress' head. For someone unprepared and lacking in any mental fortitude it was easy enough. She briefly wondered what she do in the woman's head. Normally she did this for a specific purpose, with a clear intention in her own mind... But for now, she'd have to just wing it.
She roamed through the woman's mind, before deciding to erect some basic psychic walls... They would crumble within a day or two, so weak were the ones she put up, but they were designed mostly to annoy and inconvenience people that annoyed Emma...

Where she'd parked her car? Blocked. The name of her husband? Blocked. The to do list for after her day at work was done? Blocked. Emma strolled through the woman's mind, blocking off things until she got bored, before pulling her mind out... but not before tossing in one more kick... She no longer knew what the word trollop meant.

Retrieving her mind from the Waitress's mind, she turned her focus to Scott to find he had just finished ordering. Good timing. "Oh, and before you go" she added, catching the waitress' attention. "This will be free of charge I expect" she added, hiding the small flick of her fingers that would induce the compulsion into the woman's brain behind a general gesture with her hands... The woman stared blankly for a moment, before grinning. "Of course, not a problem."
With that Emma no longer had any interest in the woman. Turning her attention back to Scott she said simply "What's in the bag?" she asked.

@Scott Summers
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL