Welcome to Marvelous

We are an alternate universe MCU site, based post-Civil War. Please register with your characters name with proper casing, first and last. Here at Marvelous, we do accept people from every background. You don't have to be a superb novelist to sign up! Our word count is a mere 150, to spare us those one liners people love so much!

Hero of the Moment
Villain of the Moment
Female of the Moment
Member of the Month

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

Fifty Shades of Green, Lorna Dane | Past
carmilla black
 Posted: May 30 2017, 02:48 PM

Omega Level Member

Nicknames / Scorpion

Age / 27

Occupation / Agent/Spy of SHIELD

Single / None

FC / Nina Dobrev

Max / EST / She/Her

T
o belong somewhere was a lot to ask, to feel and relate too. The world could be ultimately cruel in a world that does not understand that everybody is not the same, the world was not built to have every living person in the universe to have the same feature, flaws, struggles, life experiences, but one in particular revolved around having the same genetic structures, the same DNA, the same mutation. To have to deal with all those troubles, not every human in the world has to be faced to feel as if they were an alien from another planet.

Mutants, inhumans, genetically engineered individuals did, it was hard enough to have to fit in the usual crowds and cliques at school, but to have to fit in an entire universe with a population of over most likely 100 billion of people with only so many out there who understand how that person feels about their looking like a freak, the struggle was real.

The Carmilla she remembered back in the years before her mutation burned into her life, literally..to have the memories in worrying about fitting in the same clique of girls who may either be nerdy, popular, or just plain weird. She was in the group of the popular girls in her early teens until her prom night changed her status to just plain weird and freaky, and if she'd ask the past Milla, she wouldn't understand, she'd be confused and unsure how to comprehend the present Milla would be telling her.

Now present Milla would stick her green middle finger up high in the sky to all the ones who think of her as weird and freaky as a disease, because she was fine with being described as those two words, she rather would be described as weird and freaky than popular. She had the stories and embarrassments to keeping the popular status in her life that was so important to her, she had no idea why it was important to her, it really shouldn't of been, that was how teenagers were no matter what era and generation they grow up in.

Everything changes, all never remains the same, a wise woman who lived on the streets who had the life of luxury once told her. The lady had the perfect husband, amazing two children, the biggest house in the neighborhood, then her idiot husband who in fact did not cheat on her, he did cheat her out and her children's lives out of their house by trying to scheme the IRS and not filing for taxes, so the IRS came after him and seized all the money, assets, 401k's, they took everything in their home which caused the woman to lose her children. Now, Milla wasn't sure if the story was true and the woman was just bat shit crazy, whatever the case may be, she was right that life can change in the drop of a dime. It might not reflect what Milla had went through at her prom, it was damn sure close because she did lose everything.

Until she regained it by first meeting Jean Grey of Xavier's, then later on meeting Phil Coulson of SHIELD, everybody had their 'of's attached to their name when meeting her which was kind of funny cause Milla had nothing to transpire after her entire name. Anyway, she was invited to see Jean, to maybe even live within the school, she chose not to but she would not forget Jean's face, kind of how she was..she wasn't the type to forget about people who made such a difference in her life, to hear there was a school with many who were out of the ordinary just like she was. The news was too good to be true, to why she didn't accept the invitation so quickly, living on the streets learned her that if it was too good to be true, it really isn't true.

The last time she saw Jean, she was not that nice to her, she wasn't polite even if Jean kept encouraging Milla to come with her, she was after all a powerful telepath and no matter how many times Milla said she didn't want to go with her, inside her head told an entirely contrastive story.

Carmilla had took a day off at SHIELD before her impending trip over in Norway she was going to tomorrow night, it'd be her third mission since being recruited and she was nervous..not scarcity cat nervous but she just did not want to disappoint the agency she was with. They put a lot of faith in her and expected successful results, nothing less either especially when it resulted in possible causalities, civilian ones and she could not allow herself to have more blood on her hands. She may of been an amateur in this sort of profession, something about the idea called out to her. It was hard to explain..

Back at Xavier's mansion, she chose not to go inside the big mansion that was standing before her, she heard the sounds of children inside and outside, so she headed to around the school to the backyard, seeing kids playing basketball..exploring their abilities to their advantage, Milla pursed her lips into a smile, finding it fascinating to see these kids use their abilities, not hide what they are, they showed no fear on their faces, so carefree too.

This perused her to head inside, moving her sunglasses off her face and on the top of her head into her green hair, hoping she wouldn't get in trouble taking her own unofficial tour of the school, she walked down the hallway, unsure where the hall would take her, she did feel a little weird being in a building that was unknown to her. If she felt more insecure or as if she was in danger, she'd find the better suitable place to escape, she could not help though to look and feel like she was already getting lost in several turns she's already taken going down the hallways.

@lorna dane
PM
^
Lorna Dane
 Posted: May 31 2017, 09:48 PM

Nicknames / Polaris

Age / 27

Occupation / Geophysicist

Single / None

FC / Lindsay Ellingson

June / EST/GMT / She/Her

T
he steel cup vibrated on the table, then it rocked back and forth, and then wrinkles began to form on it until it had folded into itself just like crushed paper. Lorna tried to make it go beyond that but the metal didn't budge. You can do this girl. She broke the mental connection with the metal, took a deep breath, and mentally linked with the metal again whiles focusing harder than before.

After about a five minutes of focusing, the fold lines kept deepening and deepening until the whole thing had merged together into one smooth ball of metal. The cups new form instantly forced a smile on Lorna's face. She had done it. She had managed to change a steel cup into nothing but a ball of steel. Both the Professor and Jean would be proud her. Controlling metal at such "fine" levels was one of the hardest components of Lorna's powers and something that had taken her years to get a handle over. About a year ago she could barely lift a fork without feeling pain and now she could do so much.

Taking a moment to appreciate her creation once again, she mentally pulled the ball of steel towards her and caught it in her gloved hand. It was now something she could keep as a prize amongst her other accomplishments. My first steel ball. The thought made her laugh until she heard footsteps approaching down the hall. Lorna had been in the school forever and at this point, she almost knew everyone's magnetic field signature and could, therefore, know who was approaching her seconds before they arrived. As the footsteps neared, she sent out her mind to read the magnetic field of the approaching person, but it felt different...

The metal manipulating mutant frowned at the scenario and quickly walked out of the common room and into the hall. She raised an eyebrow at the sight of an unfamiliar face, but what caused a smile to creep up her face was the green hair stranger possessed. Lorna lost the smile for a second and began heading towards the woman that shared the same hair colour as herself.

"I don't think I've seen you around the Institute before? Looking for someone or someplace?" At this point, Lorna was assuming that she was a visitor, anyone with bad intentions wouldn't have reached this far given the telepaths in the school. It wasn't uncommon for visitors to come to the school and find themselves lost in the maze that was the mansion. "I don't often find people rocking the green hair-do, so count this as a fellow 'green-haired' sister helping another." A smirk rose on her face during those last words.

@carmilla black

PM
^
carmilla black
 Posted: Jun 4 2017, 11:08 PM

Omega Level Member

Nicknames / Scorpion

Age / 27

Single / None

FC / Nina Dobrev

Max / EST / She/Her

W
alking down this very hallway made her rethink about her decision to not come here, she knew she might of disheartened Jean to decline the invitation, although she figured she was not the first to ever say no about coming to some school for freaks like her. They might of not declared themselves as 'freaks' as openly as Milla did, she didn't mind to be pointed as some freak of nature, to her being a freak was not her being called a name or something to hurt her feelings. It was a greater definition to be a freak, is to be not normal, mismatched, and to be unique. Being normal is overrated, so in other words she really should of came here.

But she was so not the same as she was now back when she was living on the streets, you had to change the whole dynamic exchange being without a home, food and clean clothing constantly. So she did have some more regret in living on the streets, it was better than being in jail or worse..prison. The invitation from Jean should of been accepted than rejected, Milla was just being her non-normal self, hardheaded and stubborn..and also scared too. She lost some insight of who she used to be and who she could become.

Now it was imaginary to think who she could of became, let's take the factor in if she had accepted Jean's invitation, became a student of Xavier's, she would've got her education, had friends and advancements to move forward in life without being an agent even if she did excel at it, she would of not stayed living on the streets any longer, had a warm bed, clean clothes and a shower to use to take as many showers as she wanted to, and Milla had remembered back in her teens she loved being in the shower for over 20 minutes, her adopted mother Julia used to fuss at her for taking all of the hot water for her father who was in a hurry to get to work and needed to take a shower himself.

So not having someone rage at you about stupid hot water was a vacation for her living on the streets and going to another place to live, although it was not the biggest reason in her running away from home. So back to the subject, who knows, maybe by now she would be a teacher here, the subject she'd teach would likely be something with Science or Biology, perhaps in medicine if there was a likely choice. At each question she was ever asked about what she wanted to do when she grew up, back in high school her answer was a RN nurse or a Pediatrician, both careers more than likely would of went to college for, depending on which one she'd choose, who knows what the future might bring so..

She didn't see herself doing anything but working for SHIELD even if she just started working for them not too long ago, there was no harm in thinking about other opportunities her life might bring her down the road, until then she could settle on the thinking combination about what could of, would of, should of been. Milla lost track on how many times she turned each corner until eventually she made herself unintentionally lost in this big huge palace, she could not help but go on rolling her eyes at herself and huffed in frustration.

The idea poked in her head in using her GPS on her cell phone which wouldn't help at all, she was about to turn on her heel, she didn't realize she wasn't alone. Until out of the blue a young woman with green hair appeared behind her, she almost jumped out of her skin, she didn't know if she had popped out of no where by her ability or she approached her, either way Milla could not help but being fascinated over the fact she had green hair, this didn't happen all the time, it happened every once in a blue moon.

Her green eyes widened in surprise, nipping on the inside of her lip. "Uh..actually, um..wait, what was the question again? sorry..I'm just..taken back, this is so cool!.." she exclaimed in excitement about her hair, she should of figured this would happen, she'd end up getting in trouble for coming around here, walking around a school probably wouldn't a hall pass, but she wasn't any person who'd harm or she wasn't a threat, she hoped she didn't think so. "Likewise, rockin' the green hair-do, I'll definitely count it as this, green-hair-sista-from-another-mother." Milla chuckled a bit, smiling happily to meet someone else who was like her in the green hair department.

She extended her ungloved hand on over, not wanting to be rude considering she did catch her in her school which in fact Milla was not 'actually' invited, the invitation kind of expired some odd years ago. "I'm Carmilla Black, and to answer your question..I--uh, was kind of checking this place around, I've met Jean Grey before a few years back..and I ended up getting lost like a idiot, it's my fault..so my bad.." Milla didn't mean to ramble on, she knew better than to be snooping around here without a logical reason, it was bound to happen, she was preparing herself to be told to get the hell out of here, if not by her..then by someone else. So until then, she wanted to get to know the young woman in front of her. "And you are?.."

@lorna dane
PM
^
Lorna Dane
 Posted: Jun 5 2017, 11:40 PM

Nicknames / Polaris

Age / 27

Single / None

FC / Lindsay Ellingson

June / EST/GMT / She/Her

T
Lorna was far from being the welcome committee here at the Institute, but when you took notice of someone that bore the same colour hair as yourself it always seemed natural to approach them. She smiled as the other woman joked about them being "green haired sisters from another mother" and then pulled off her own glove as she accepted the offer of a handshake.

"Well it's certainly nice to meet you Carmilla. I'm Lorna Dane." Any last feelings of doubts were quenched once Lorna heard that Carmilla had met Jean Grey a few years ago. If there was anything that she had learnt ever since coming here, it was that any friend of Jean Grey, or any telepath at all, was probably one to trust. The woman could easily read someone from head to toe like the Professor.

She chuckled a bit when she mentioned how she had gotten lost around the school. "No need to hit yourself on the head, I remember getting lost here myself when I first came here and there are still sometimes when I'm wondering 'How the hell did I get here?'" The Institute was a really big place. There was a library, lab, danger room, living quarters, classrooms and several other places that helped make this school not only a place for mutants to control their powers but also a home.

"So you met Jean a few weeks back...are you a mutant?" Lorna couldn't help but ask even though it was a bit early to be so direct. Being direct was certainly something she was known for and the fact that she was curious about Carmilla didn't help that. "Besides that...since you're lost...I can show you around the place...if you want?"

@carmilla black

PM
^
carmilla black
 Posted: Jun 11 2017, 11:45 PM

Omega Level Member

Nicknames / Scorpion

Age / 27

Single / None

FC / Nina Dobrev

Max / EST / She/Her

"
You too, Lorna and please call me Milla." she offered to her as she noticed Lorna taking her glove off her hand to accept her handshake, it was pretty cool to notice how they both have not only green hair but also wearing a glove, she suddenly curious to wonder why she was wearing one too, but it was all in good timing. Milla wasn't going to go asking questions rightt the top of her head, the two of them barely knew each other. Last she'd want it to look like she's being nosy cause certainly it was not Milla's business.

Oh, she was hitting herself in the head mercilessly base on her getting lost in a mansion she should of not even been here in the first place. Milla chuckled at her 'How the hell did I get here?" retort about her getting lost in the mansion still. "Sounds like they need to invest in a map station in each corner of this place..do you guys have students disappear around here a lot?" she asked, then again with the assistance of having Jean Grey as a telepath, a lot of the kids probably get found eventually, so no harm, no foul there.

"Actually a few years back and..you know, no one has ever asked me that question, I'm genetically engineered superhuman..I've been referred as a human mutate too, whatever that means..I wasn't born with the mutant gene or strain..my mother sort of experimented on me." Milla explained in the Sunday school version to her little background about how she became what she is now. "My left arm is all green too, it's why I wear a glove on my left hand, same goes for my green hair and eyes, all genetics." she glanced down at her left green arm before looking back up to Lorna, giving her a dire smile about her green arm.

She pulled a lock of her green hair behind her ear, she scoffed next. "My biological mother was a psycho.." Milla told her with turning her finger in a circle over her ear about her mother being 'coo coo crazy', to get off the subject about her mom, she wanted to see if she were a mutant too and what her abilities were, in case she was open to letting it out. "Are you a mutant?.." she figured to check out if she was a mutant, not wanting to sway into assuming she was one just because she had green hair.

"Oh yes please! be my tour guide for a day..I'd love it. You're already my hero who prevented me from getting lost anyway.." She smiled happily and still relieved, also the excitement embraced her to get a tour around the place, she never been here so seeing where she could've lived was something to look forward to.

@lorna dane
PM
^
Lorna Dane
 Posted: Jun 17 2017, 07:40 PM

Nicknames / Polaris

Age / 27

Single / None

FC / Lindsay Ellingson

June / EST/GMT / She/Her

L
orna made a mental note to address Carmilla as Milla. It was a good name to have as a nickname and one she would be happy to use if this wasn't going to be her only encounter with her.

"That's actually a good question," Lorna said with a laugh. Milla made a great point, you would think that a school with as advanced information as Cerebro would have something as high-tech as that, but then again, that probably wasn't the main priority here. "I'm not too sure whether some students have disappeared, but I wouldn't be too surprised if it had happened before." With a school full of people with powers, all kind of crazy things could happen.

It wasn't shocking to hear about people like Milla having superhuman abilities in ways that were different from mutants, but her eyes widened when the other woman told her about her mother experimenting on her. It wasn't something you heard every day, even in sci-fi movies, those tended to occur in the darker shades of the genre. Immediately after hearing Lorna felt a large amount of sympathy for her. "I'm sorry to hear that," she said quickly with a concerning expression.

She mentioned that her powers were connected to her green hand and green hair which got Lorna curious. Her mutation of being able to manipulate green hues of magnetic energy had been one of the reasons why she had green hair so it made her wonder abilities Milla. Of course, Lorna chose not to ask. After hearing the story of how her mother had experimented on her, she didn't want to pry too much.

"Yes I actually am a mutant!" It was a good way to switch things back to herself. "They told me I can control metallic objects amongst other things." She showed her the metal sphere in her hand and allowed it to rise almost as some form of demonstration. "I'm not the best at it," she added while allowing it to drop back in her palm. "But I'm getting there."

Lorna nodded with a smile once Milla accepted her invitation for a tour guide and began leading the way through the mansion. They were currently on the ground floor which was always the best place to start.

"So this is the first floor. It's more of the hang out area where everyone is at if they aren't doing something or aren't in the courtyard." She pointed towards the right. "That hallway leads to the library and the Professor's office." She then pointed to the right. "And that hallway leads to the dining room and the parlour room." She walked backwards and tapped an elevator behind her. "This leads to the basements for storage, labs, and training and the upper floor where everyone sleeps." She paused after she spoke and folded her arms on her chest. "So where do you want to go first?"

Notes: descriptions based on this layout of Xavier's mansion.

@carmilla black

PM
^
carmilla black
 Posted: Jun 25 2017, 01:53 AM

Omega Level Member

Nicknames / Scorpion

Age / 27

Single / None

FC / Nina Dobrev

Max / EST / She/Her

A
small smile spread along her lips about Lorna responding to her about her inquiring about if students did get lost enough in the mansion to get lost. Milla suspected it was quite easy for people to logically not know which direction was the right direction.

Milla rarely gave out the information about her mother's apparent love for her daughter by experimenting on her earlier on when she first found out what her mother did to her, it took time and terms for her to use that anger and resentment she had for Monica, she simply let it all flow out during times when she was in situations where she could use it as a weapon than allow the emotions take control of her. Last she'd let Monica take control of her life again, she did that enough, the world was made of greed, as sadistic to say.

For Lorna to show sympathy to her, even if they did not know each other for that long gave Lorna great character, showed she had a heart. But she didn't want anybody feeling sorry for her, though she could not show appreciation for the apology, even if it wasn't her fault. Milla flashed a smile, shaking her head. "No, it's all right really..but thank you for saying sorry..I've accepted my fate a long time ago." She stated honestly, being a teenager was when she had no choice with having the law possibly on her ass who'd want to lock her up for murder, which in fact she should of went with Jean Grey when she first met her, this would of been sanctuary was far better than living on the streets.

It was a good change of pace as Lorna told her she was a mutant, the better to be off her story anyway, she rather talk about other people and things than her sad stories. Milla was immediately intrigued about what type of mutant Lorna was, to her recollection there were all sorts and they all fell into a certain class such as class 1, class 2, etc, etc.

As she gave her a little show of what type of abilities she had, her green eyes widened fascinated in seeing her take a metal sphere from her hand it began to levitate not on it's own, because of Lorna controlling the metallic object. "Holy shit, that's so awesome. I feel stupid to ask you to do it again, ha." a slight chuckle left her. "So, you can control metal matter, that wasn't just your best, that was amazing, Lo! is it okay if I call you Lo?" she already was giving her a nickname, in the mix of hoping she didn't mind calling her that, it was why she asked afterwards to get a clarification to call someone with a nickname, last she would want is for her to feel uncomfortable.

Milla was excited to see somebody do something like that before her very eyes, she's known for others to have powers, just seeing it right in front of her..knowing it's nothing close to a magic trick, it was the real thing made her giddy. "How long have you known about your powers?"

Carmilla was happy to get the grand tour of the mansion, being led around the mansion. Each area she'd speak of, her eyes and attention was full on the sections she explained about what was what and where was where. To her she noticed how the first floor was where most of the actions happens, to where everybody interacts actively. She was unsure if Xavier was a last name or first name, she remembered Jean speaking of the Professor in the same fashion, and considering the name Xavier's was whom she read outside on the sign, she figured to put two and two together, determining he's the one who ran the operations to this place.

Once they stopped by the elevator, she glanced from both ends of the hallways before setting her eyes on Lorna. "See I knew this place was bigger than I anticipated, a lot to cover..let's see, let's see the upper floor. I need to see where I could of lived rather than living on the streets." Milla said, letting a small chuckle leave her. "Something is telling me this might of been where I belonged in the first place..before it all.." Not to say she regretted living on the streets and joining SHIELD, there wasn't anything wrong wondering what her life might of been under the supervision in people who understood what it felt to be different and green.

"Do you like living here? I mean..being here does it seem to make being a mutant easier?"

@lorna dane
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL