Welcome to Marvelous

We are an alternate universe MCU site, based post-Civil War. Please register with your characters name with proper casing, first and last. Here at Marvelous, we do accept people from every background. You don't have to be a superb novelist to sign up! Our word count is a mere 150, to spare us those one liners people love so much!

Hero of the Moment
Villain of the Moment
Female of the Moment
Member of the Month

REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

You've been Thunderstruck, tag: Thor
tony stark
 Posted: May 26 2017, 12:42 AM

Nicknames / Iron Man

Age / 47

Occupation / Inventor, Iron Man

Single / N/A

FC / RDJ

Turt / PST / He/Him

The thunder of guns
Tore me apart
You've been
Thunderstruck

Tony's head tilted to one side, staring at the 3-dimensional diagram that Friday had set up for him, AC/DC predictably playing in the background. . "Rotate 90 degrees, and flip it," he suggested, waiting as the computer program did as instructed. "..Gina was right, this model won't work. Although-" He made a vague gesture with his hand, and turned to walk back toward one of the other computers in the room. "The idea would be to get a metaphasic polarity emittur-"

Friday cut in pretty quickly, "Sir, such a device is not yet in existance-"

"Please name exactly how many times that that excuse has ever actually stopped me," Tony pointed out dismissively.

There was a meaningful pause from the snarky A.I., before he finally added, "Nevermind, don't answer that. My point is that your argument is crap, Friday"

"Understood. ...And I hate to interrupt again, Tony, but it appears you have company on the roof."

"Show me," He turned to look at the screen he knew she'd use to provide the security feec, and moments later he was staring at none other than Thor, god of thunder, right on the roof of Stark Tower. Tony blinked, and for a moment he was actually speechless.

"Huh. ..Cut the music," it went silent, "And pack it up. We'll come back to this later." Gina's metaphasic polarity emittur project would have to wait. No big deal, as it was mostly a time waster. Something to keep his hands busy when he wasnt otherwise occupied. Working in the shop was still the best sort of therapy--or...maybe the worst, depending on whose point of view. He wiped his hands on his pants,and turned to leave the room, headed for the roof up above, if Thor didn't meet him halfway before he could get there.

Thoughts swirled around exactly what Thor was here for. Another time, another place, he might have just been happy to see a good friend. With the Accords and the ... current state of the Avengers, though, he wasn't so sure this was going to be a happy reunion. And nevermind the awkward situation of the Accords, and Thor's intergalactic... citizenship. That was a legal headache that Tony really didn't want any part of. Why did he get the feeling that was going to end up his problem, too?

Nonetheless, the instant he was within Thor's sight, he had the perfect, snarky smile on his face,, like normal, as if nothing was out of the ordinary. He tucked a hand into his pocket, eyes lingering on the blonde giant meaningfully. "Welcome back to Kansas, Dorothy," he greeted,, flashing a quick grin, though it faded shortly after. "You're a few months late to the party, though." Most people wouldn't notice it, but there was the slightest edge to Tony's voice, and he probably looked like he hadn't slept thenighth previous (though that much at least was not abnormal).
PM
^
Thor Odinson
 Posted: May 26 2017, 03:30 AM

Nicknames / Thor

Age / 1000+

Occupation / God of Thunder

Single / None

FC / Chris Hemsworth

Soapy / NZST / He/Him

It hadn't been long at all since Thor had returned to Midgard. As the Bifrost carried him down to Earth, his conversation with Heimdall rang in his ears. What had begun as him simply visiting his old friend and occasional confidant after returning from his fruitless trip to Nifelheim. The leads had run cold, and as he and his comrades returned, Thor lingered to speak to his friend. It was then he had mentioned that the Avengers had fallen apart during Thor's absence, and not long later the Thunderer had returned back down the Bifrost.

His first port of call was obvious. Swinging Mjolnir around to take to the air, Thor let the hammer carry him straight to Stark Tower. Landing on the roof, he returned his hammer to his belt, and waited. He knew Tony had things in place to know if anyone came within landed on the roof, and so it would only be a matter of time before Stark was in front of him. It seemed that for all that had happened, Stark had not changed. He still wore the smile and spoke in the same twists and turns that he always had, but it didn't take more than a moment for Thor to note it was forced. He could tell when someone was putting on a front, he did it himself plenty... Something more seemed to be going on in the human's head.

"As you well know I was pursuing leads regarding the Infinity Stones. Unfortunately none panned out, not even the one I found in Vanaheim... But that is not why I am here" Taking a step toward Tony, he continued. "Heimdall told me of the battle in Germany." Holding his hands out to his sides in a questioning gesture, he added "What happened Stark? There are greater threats coming, and you all fight amongst yourselves?" Letting his hands fall back to his sides, he shook his head slightly.
"What did it take to turn the Avengers on one another?"
PM
^
tony stark
 Posted: May 26 2017, 09:07 AM

Nicknames / Iron Man

Age / 47

Single / N/A

FC / RDJ

Turt / PST / He/Him

The question asked wasn't surprising; in fact Tony was expecting it, but that didn't make it anymore welcome, or make it into anything he felt like discussing. He'd talked himself sick about the Accords, and about the Avengers. It was starting to feel like something he would be stuck with, forever.

He couldn't help but feel frustrated though, that Thor would show up not just late, but a year after the Avengers split up, demanding to know what happened, like a father stepping back into his role after so much time of indifference. Maybe that feeling was just a little too close to home.

"You do realize this is old news, right?" He asked in a too-flippant tone, exhaling. "Our government asked us to be accountable for our actions, Cap didn't like that and decided to go rogue, we nearly killed each other, blah, blah," he made a rolling gesture with his hand, suggesting things just kept going on and on. He had to heavily resist the urge to rub a hand over his face. "I'm surprised you don't get the New York Tribune up there in Asgard--I mean I'd have thought you'd want to keep tabs on your friends, allies, fellow Avengers.." he shrugged.

"But maybe that's assuming too much." Maybe he was a little bitter. Deep down, he knew Thor wasn't to blame for what happened, and was an innocent party here. Hell, he actually agreed. They had bigger fish to fry; it wasn't his fault Steve decided to break the law, though, was it?

He bit his tongue, stopping himself from saying anything more. Alienating Thor due to his own frustration or personal agenda. It'd be smarter to stay rational and get Thor caught up on the situation; and hopefully, end up with an ally, still.
PM
^
Thor Odinson
 Posted: May 27 2017, 04:27 AM

Nicknames / Thor

Age / 1000+

Single / None

FC / Chris Hemsworth

Soapy / NZST / He/Him

It was unsurprising to the Thunder God when Tony's characteristic snark bit out with each word he said, but Thor was in no mood for dealing with Tony's childish behavior. To the billionaire's credit, he did not make Thor wait before giving him the information he sought. Still, it wasn't without its sharp edges...

"Perhaps it is old news to you, but I am just now learning of it. And I would have thought you all capable of holding yourselves together during my absence" Thor retorted simply, his tone making his disapproval clear. "I asked Heimdall to watch over you all, and he informed me upon my return to Asgard, perhaps an hour gone. Pinching the bridge of his nose in frustration, the Thunderer began to pace slightly.

"So these... Accords, they came from our battle in Sokovia with Ultron. Your government tried to leash you, and you and Rodgers disagreed on this... Am I correct so far?" he asked, forging on as he stopped pacing. "There was a battle in Germany, and the Avengers divided..." He paused, turning to face Tony again.

"Where is Banner? Has he been seen since Sokovia?" Thor assumed he hadn't, as Banner would likely have been able to hold the two factions together, at least somewhat. The man was intelligent, and his proclivity for calm would likely have served the Avengers well in that very situation. However... if the situation had degraded anyway, and Banner had been dragged into it... The Hulk rampaging yet again would spell disaster for many, and likely the end of the Avengers anyway.

@tony stark
PM
^
tony stark
 Posted: May 27 2017, 01:58 PM

Nicknames / Iron Man

Age / 47

Single / N/A

FC / RDJ

Turt / PST / He/Him

"Yeah, well, it's not my fault you decided to go gallivanting after the nine realms for an entire year without leaving a mail forwarding address," Tony replied, maybe with a little more acidity than required, if only because of that 'would have thought you all capable' comment. "Look we're all adults here, if I wanted a good scolding from my pops I could just call up Nick Fury," he added, because he could hear that disapproval in Thor's voice. And while Thor might technically be several thousand years old, Tony still wasn't about to just accept that.

As Thor began to pace, Tony quite deliberately leaned, casually, against the wall of the stairwell that would take them back into the building, arms folding (perhaps defensively) over his chest.

"This isn't just from Ultron, big guy," Tony responded. "This is the whole kit and kaboodle. New York, Sokovia, Germany," he waved a hand dismissively. "The world decided maybe they shouldn't let a handful of misfits drop buildings on civilians 'by accident'," he even added air quotes with his fingers, "and not do anything about it. It seemed pretty sensible to me."

He rolled his jaw, thinking back to the conversation he'd had with the mother of Charlie Spencer back before this all started. He almost missed Thor's question about Banner. "He's playing the ultimate game of hide and seek," Tony said belatedly. "We were taking bets on who would win, you or him. Guess I owe Rhodey $20." His tone had lost a bit of the light-heartedness he'd been forcing into it, and he shifted in his spot, trying to push away the weariness this conversation was making him feel.
PM
^
Thor Odinson
 Posted: May 29 2017, 12:55 AM

Nicknames / Thor

Age / 1000+

Single / None

FC / Chris Hemsworth

Soapy / NZST / He/Him

As much as it grated on the Mighty Asgardian, he could understand what had taken place. The governments had likely found that the idea of individuals with the powers that were wielded by man of the Avengers should not be allowed to run free... Such things in Asgard would be handled different, but the reasons made sense. Would he not have taken extreme measures to protect his own people? He had on numerous occasions in the past, this was no different. He had to remember he was but a visitor to this Realm. Midgard was a realm he watched over, but it was not HIS realm.

The Thunderer heaved a sigh, stopping his pacing to face Tony once again. "I do not fault you your decision Stark. It is not my place to judge you humans on how you handle matters of your own world." He had to wonder if his own escapades had contributed... Puente Antiguo, Greenwich... One had all but leveled a small town, the other had caused such destruction and mayhem all the Nine Realms had felt the effects... "But you must understand..." he continued, "... there are greater threats at play than this. Just one of the Infinity Stones holds the power to turn your planet to dust."

He paused, clearly thinking for a moment. "So we do not know where Banner is... Rodgers and many others of the Avengers are in the wind... Perhaps this situation can still be salvaged..." he said, half to himself. "This realm needs to be ready for when these greater threats descend upon it. Stark, what say you? Do you know of any we may call upon?"

@tony stark
PM
^
tony stark
 Posted: May 29 2017, 07:06 PM

Nicknames / Iron Man

Age / 47

Single / N/A

FC / RDJ

Turt / PST / He/Him

"Thank you."

It wasn't quite the you made the right decision that he honestly wished he could hear from just one person. But it would do. And it appeared Thor was still to consider him an ally, which was something. Whether the Accords would pose problems for the Thunderer in the future, Tony couldn't say. But he wasn't about to go call up Ross and tell him the Asgardian was back in town. Not his job, not his duty, not something he wanted to do.

Undoubtedly Thor's escapades had contributed--Tony was fairly certain at least one of them had been directly referenced by Ross during his initial pitch for the Accords. But at this point it didn't really matter. They were long since passed, and likely would have, with or without Thor's existence.

"Well, you're full of sunshine and rainbows," Tony sighed, regarding the infinity stones. That wasn't exactly what he wanted to hear, but considering how long Thor had been gone, he shouldn't be all that surprised that he was returning because he had something specific he needed to do--the world needed saving, once again.

"You wanna go into a little more detail about these 'greater threats'?" He asked, frowning. The vagueness didn't sit well with him. And he'd had about enough alien invasion bologna for one lifetime. He'd nearly died from the last one; he wasn't in a hurry to repeat that.

He finally gave in and did rub a hand over his face when Thor listed off a couple of those who were out of reach, starting to do a mental count of active Avengers he had access to. "We have Vision," he started, "a 15 year old kid with spider powers," He reached to point out, to specify that "He should be available as long as the apocalypse doesn't happen on a school night." And from there it took him a minute to actually think of who else also considered themselves Avengers. His hand retracted to rub at his face again, because let's be real, this was a little pathetic, "We could probably get the help of T'Chalia. There's Rhodey, of course." Natasha and Clint had both gone with Steve, Hulk was out of the picture for now, who was he missing? That was... was that it? God.

"You know," Here comes the ego saving bit that he just couldn't stop himself from spewing out. "I'm working on a few others. We have Gravity Boy in the works, I've got eyes on a new archer. It'll be great; a solid team." He scrunched his nose a bit though, a bit amused, a bit too aware that that sounded like he was reaching pretty far for a silver lining.
PM
^
Thor Odinson
 Posted: Jun 6 2017, 03:26 AM

Nicknames / Thor

Age / 1000+

Single / None

FC / Chris Hemsworth

Soapy / NZST / He/Him

Thor crossed his arms as he answered. He had been hoping to deliver this information to the Avengers when he returned, but it seemed this was unlikely to happen. Perhaps if he impressed upon Tony the threat approaching then Stark might begin to understand.

"It is doubtful that you will know of the threat that looms... To those who dwell outside of this world, Thanos the Mad Titan poses a very real threat. During my travels through the Nine Realms, I uncovered that Thanos is himself hunting the Infinity Stones. I know of at least one that remains here on Earth, that which sits in the forehead of the Vision. Which means inevitably he will come here. He must, for his aspirations require him to attain all six. If he attains them, there will be none who can stop him."

He sighed before continuing. "I wish I bore better news Stark, yet you must recognize the situation before us all is far from ideal." He listened as Tony listed the individuals they could call on for the time being... and it did not fill the Asgardian with much comfort. "I suppose it is better than nothing. I have not seen this... new team, so I cannot judge their talents. If you feel they are up to the defense of your planet, then perhaps they may be. But I would impress upon you to increase their training. The Mad Titan has felled entire races by his own hand. He presents a threat greater than the Chitauri we battled in New York, and Ultron. I can call on some of my own kind, but not even the Asgardians will willingly clash with Thanos."

@tony stark
PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONS REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL