Welcome to Marvelous

We are an alternate universe MCU site, based post-Civil War. Please register with your characters name with proper casing, first and last. Here at Marvelous, we do accept people from every background. You don't have to be a superb novelist to sign up! Our word count is a mere 150, to spare us those one liners people love so much!

Hero of the Moment
Villain of the Moment
Female of the Moment
Member of the Month

Pages: (2) 1 2  ( Go to first unread post ) REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL

The Furbee and the Brute, Rocket & Williams
simon williams
 Posted: Jun 6 2017, 01:06 AM

Omega Level Member

Nicknames / Wonder Man

Age / 33

Occupation / Ex-Criminal

Single /

FC / joe manganiello

Hos / Central / He / Him

Any second now, they would wise up.

Just walk in with a big apology cake, possibly adult beverages, and let him go. They would realize that he was just in the right place at the right time, and did a civic duty. No need to sign himself over as a weaponized human being… to which they had no solid info about.

Sure, there was news crew video and cellphone takes of him lifting a jet on his back. Those were easily explained with special effects.

This was easier. To keep his mind focused on daydreaming, than tearing his way out of the cell with hands alone. The deep thoughts were also enough to distract him from the clicking of the intercom, a tall tale sign of wires being rerouted, as a working hi-jack was starting to come full circle.

"Quill! You there? Answer me, douchebag!" The radio screeched out a response to the negligence.

A gruff voice echoed out into the small cell, and Simon couldn’t help but turn and stare directly at the source. Perhaps this was just a tactic to get his attention, or to start towards the road of trust with a faceless ally. This was a house that spies built, after all. Nothing was safe, but there was nothing wrong with at least answering.

Opening his mouth for a moment, pausing Simon for once, didn’t know what to say. Instead he regurgitate the only quotes he could think of in that very moment.. “Negative, I am a meat Popscle”

Carefully, but without much hope that something non cloak and dagger would be comming ot this.

@rocket raccoon

PM
^
Rocket Raccoon
 Posted: Jun 6 2017, 02:22 AM

Nicknames / 89P13

Age / 10ish

Occupation / Guardian of the Galaxy

Single / Groot?

FC / Computer Generated Imagery

Tamir / Pacific / He/Him

Rocket - Broadcast Not Suitable For Younger Listeners
The more time Rocket spent on Earth, the more he understood why Quill had never come back. Who would willingly come to a backwater dump like this if they could help it? Rocket certainly didn't feel human hospitality was up to par, considering he was still being held prisoner by S.H.I.E.L.D. while they processed what had been discussed in his interrogation. To his knowledge, he hadn't even really committed any crimes since he'd arrived -- and if the raccoon was in prison, he at least wanted to feel like he sort of deserved it.

Once back in his cell, Rocket had begun examining it more carefully. His head felt rather clearer, and he noticed details he hadn't previously: a vent in the ceiling, a small drain in the floor, and what appeared to be some kind of electrical panel on the wall. The drain was too small for even someone of his size to fit through, and was therefore quickly ruled out as a means of escape. The vent might do, but he had no idea where it lead or any means to even remove the grate, which appeared to be welded shut. Besides, a normal human couldn't expect to reach the ceiling in here, how was someone less than half their size going to achieve the same feat?

Having eliminated his other options, Rocket turned his attention to the electrical panel. It was almost embarrassingly primitive, something that actually made it a little difficult for the Guardian to understand its purpose, but he suspected it might be some kind of communications access. He could work with that. All he had to do was drag over his cot so he could stand on it and reach the panel.

With much laborious effort, Rocket managed to move his bed across his cell and shove it against the wall under the panel. He hopped deftly up, standing on the top of what could charitably be called the "headboard." He was now, to his relief and satisfaction, at eye level with the panel. Slipping his claws underneath the cover, he managed to pry it loose and expose the system's inner workings.

Again, the relatively backward human technology somewhat baffled Rocket. He hummed quietly to himself as he pulled at wires and examined the chips they connected, gradually mapping out their functions in his head and considering how best to bypass any security blocks. After some time, he decided he had better test his handiwork before a guard noticed what he was doing, and spoke into the panel's microphone.

"Quill!" he whispered sharply. "You there? Answer me, you douchebag!" Surely his friend should have been on Earth by now, seeking out his fellow Guardians and therefore in range of this transmis--

“Negative, I am a meat Popsicle.”

Rocket paused, his ear flicking in confusion. He frowned, uncertain whose voice he had just heard, or how he was expected to answer such a jarring non-sequitur. After a few moments, he found his voice again and spoke into the microphone again. "Wha'? Who the hell's this?"

@simon williams

PM
^
simon williams
 Posted: Jun 6 2017, 09:23 PM

Omega Level Member

Nicknames / Wonder Man

Age / 33

Occupation / Ex-Criminal

Single /

FC / joe manganiello

Hos / Central / He / Him

“This is the prisoner in-” Glancing around the small container, Simon realized that there were no markings on the interior. After a pause, it came to him without hesitation. “-THX 1138”

At least if it was an Agent, he would get a kick out of researching that number since Williams had continued to withhold his name and identity. That thought brought a small smirk of comfort as Williams knelt by the panel and began to examine the paneling itself.

It did appear to be a working speaker system, but as to who was broadcasting. Williams was clueless, but this would be more amusing than actually doing nothing at all. “Is this a cadet who just found a big boy radio?”

“Or do you actually expect me to believe you’re a prisoner?” That question gave Simon pause, it was possible they had captured others from the 2nd Avenue Incident without his knowledge. It’s not like they had a role call or had a formal introduction with one another.

Take it on faith, see where it leads. Simon had spent one-sixth of his life incarcerated, it was possible that he could bank on sniffing out a rat. “...Who are you?”

@rocket raccoon

PM
^
Rocket Raccoon
 Posted: Jun 7 2017, 01:13 AM

Nicknames / 89P13

Age / 10ish

Single / Groot?

Tamir / Pacific / He/Him

Rocket - No, Seriously, Change the Channel
Terrans. Of all the species in all the planets in all the universe, he had to run into them. At times, Rocket had wondered if Quill was a typical member of his race, or if he was an exceptionally stupid example of humanity. In all that time, he'd never considered that his friend might actually be above average. Between Quill, the S.H.I.E.L.D. agents, and whoever was on the other end of this communication line, the smallest Guardian was now entirely at a loss for what to make of the human race.

“This is the prisoner in...THX 1138.”

Rocket hadn't been sure what answer he was expecting, but he knew this wasn't the one he wanted. At the word 'prisoner,' he groaned and put a paw over his eyes. "Fan-frikkin'-tastic," he muttered to himself. What exactly was he supposed to do with a fellow prisoner? Unless this other guy happened to know a way out--which was doubtful, considering he was still in his cell--he was, at best, irrelevant. He was an annoyance, certainly, but that wasn't his fault. Simon just happened to be in the wrong place at the wrong time...or maybe more accurately, the wrong human at the wrong time.

“Is this a cadet who just found a big boy radio? Or do you actually expect me to believe you’re a prisoner?”

Without a video feed, Simon couldn't have known that his question had such a potent ability to upset Rocket. The snide 'big boy' comment elicited an immediate reaction: his shoulders tensed, his ears laid back slightly, and his fangs were bared in a snarl. "Why don't you come over here and ask me that again, popsicle!?" he answered hotly. He wasn't actually clear on what the word 'popsicle' meant, but he hoped it was an insult as degrading as it was clever.

Otherwise, he'd just look foolish shouting it at a hole in the wall.

“...Who are you?”

"Me? I'm the guy who's got people he actually wants to talk to," Rocket deflected, already starting to mess with the wiring again as he tried to correct his mistake. "So better say...goodbye!" The last word was punctuated with a burst of static as the smaller, furrier prisoner disconnected his audio panel. A few seconds passed before the feed was restored and his voice came back through. "There! ...if this is the same guy, I'm gonna be furious."

@simon williams

PM
^
simon williams
 Posted: Jun 7 2017, 10:42 PM

Omega Level Member

Nicknames / Wonder Man

Age / 33

Occupation / Ex-Criminal

Single /

FC / joe manganiello

Hos / Central / He / Him

"Why don't you come over here and ask me that again, popsicle!?”

Awwww…. Popsicle. At least whomever it was had been paying attention.

"Me? I'm the guy who's got people he actually wants to talk to - - So better say...goodbye!"

Simon paused for a long moment and waited, noting when the squeak of disconnecting wires came across the broadcast. Then after a moment, the connection clicks came back through the audio of the speaker and he stifled back an honest laugh. This was possibly going to be the highlight of his imprisoned day.

“Well… Mr. B Furious, you are batting 1000 today.” Slumped now against the wall, back pressed against the cool metal. Tilted head trying to get a better look into hidden tech of the cell, tragically with bound hands there would be no disassembly.

“Do you even know what you are doing? Are you working with a wireless encrypted or an IP system with an ethernet connection?” Red orbs continued to examine what was exposed and prime for cannibalization for the cause, it was a puzzle now. Like trying to bring Apollo 13 home with only what was on hand.

“Or.. have you tried to use the video monitor to access the subsystems so you can see if there is a prison manifest?” The pulsing brain matter trapped in that good-looking noggin, had once belonged to a rather gifted engineering and tech student. It wasn’t often it came out, even more rare that it was spoken aloud. After all, he was rippling muscle and pure ionic power now, the world had never needed his inventions or brains. Why would they now?

“I’m sure you have, and I’m stating the obvious.” Simon did well to hide the smugness in his voice, but that was assuming the person on the other side was keeping up. Little did Williams know on the other side was an engineering genius, not used to the centuries out of date Terran tech.  “Right Mr. B?”

@Rocket Raccoon

PM
^
Rocket Raccoon
 Posted: Jun 7 2017, 11:41 PM

Nicknames / 89P13

Age / 10ish

Single / Groot?

Tamir / Pacific / He/Him

Rocket - Video Killed the Radio Star
“Well… Mr. B Furious, you are batting 1000 today.”

"Damn it!" Rocket snapped, smacking a tiny fist against the wall of his cell. It was already bad enough that he couldn't get a signal out of the base's internal network, but the fact that this guy was so obviously enjoying his failures was almost unbearable. It was rare that the raccoon* ended up in a situation where he couldn't process his anger with violence, alcohol, or some combination of the two; really, he would have been far better served if he'd accidentally called a licensed therapist.

Muttering darkly to himself, Rocket tried to ignore Simon's smug little speech as he poked around more in the wiring behind the panel. If he couldn't send a message out of the Playground's secure internal network, maybe he could find a way to tap into the security systems and unlock his cell door. Then he could go find his stuff, shoot his way out, and maybe just happen to figure out where this guy was so he could take five or six good shots at his stupid, self-satisfied face.

Quill would never have to know. Besides, it was just one human.

“Do you even know what you are doing? Are you working with a wireless encrypted or an IP system with an ethernet connection? Or.. have you tried to use the video monitor to access the subsystems so you can see if there is a prison manifest?”

Had Simon been able to see Rocket, he would have had no trouble spotting the latter's rapidly escalating temper. Even as he tried to convince himself that he could just ignore the condescension, his shoulders grew more and more tense with suppressed rage. Someone who knew the raccoon might also have noticed that he wasn't humming as he normally did while working with tech. The silence made it easier for him to focus on plotting someone's messy demise.

“I’m sure you have, and I’m stating the obvious. Right Mr. B?”

"You think if I had a video monitor here, I'd still be talkin' to you?" Rocket retorted. After another moment, he huffed in frustration and stepped back, glaring daggers at the exposed wiring as though he could intimidate it into doing what he wanted. "I'm flyin' blind here. You humans think you're so great, you don't even know your tech's garbage." What a bunch of a-holes.

@simon williams

PM
^
simon williams
 Posted: Jun 8 2017, 12:12 AM

Omega Level Member

Nicknames / Wonder Man

Age / 33

Occupation / Ex-Criminal

Single /

FC / joe manganiello

Hos / Central / He / Him

"I'm flyin' blind here. You humans think you're so great, you don't even know your tech's garbage."

All ready having prepared his rebuttal, it was all ready off the tip of Williams’ tongue when it finally clicked. A thick brow raising up in curiosity while mid sentence.  “So clearly you zigged when you should have zagged…. Wait did you say humans?”

One of those ‘Inhumans’ no doubt, he really did need to do more research. All of Simon’s ‘google’ time since coming back and very little had involved them, he was still catching up on pop culture. Like what was ‘Dabbing’ and why should he care about it, wait- back to the humans crack. “So what the hell are you doing here then?”

“But really... You haven’t even figured out how to short even the doors yet?-” It was harmless to poke fun at an imprison possibly powered enhanced somewhere in this base, right? It’s not like they had another Miracle locked up in here, thoughts trailed off to a certain Maximoff rather easily. Shaking his head, Simon quickly returned to suggestions and mockery.

“-I mean, it’s garbage tech. I bet you could make it out with a pencil, tape, and mirror. Do you have those?” If Rocket could have seen him smile, there probably would have been implosion of  hair and pure rage. Meanwhile, Simon tapped his head again the wall behind him while he waited for more material to go on.

@Rocket Raccoon

PM
^
Rocket Raccoon
 Posted: Jun 8 2017, 01:04 AM

Nicknames / 89P13

Age / 10ish

Single / Groot?

Tamir / Pacific / He/Him

Rocket - I Have to Do Everything
Maybe he just needed a minute to stop, take a breath, and approach the problem with a fresh eye. Of course, he never had to before, but he'd also never dealt with something so alien as human technology. Having come from a region of space where interstellar travel was a banality, Rocket hadn't come across much tech that didn't operate on the same basic set of principles. In a sense, he supposed this wall panel did, too, but it was still like working with a museum piece, if museum pieces were also total douchebags who wouldn't shut up.

“So clearly you zigged when you should have zagged…. Wait did you say humans? So what the hell are you doing here then?”

Rocket scoffed, crossing his arms. "Wastin' my time, clearly," he answered with a sort of irritable sarcasm. He had actually been hoping that after he and the other Guardians of the Galaxy saved Earth from the Kree, the Terrans would be so grateful that they would pay the group handsomely for their services. It was one of the only reasons Rocket had even considered placing himself between the Kree Empire and their target. After all, Ronan had been almost impossible to defeat, and he was just one Kree. How were they going to defeat an entire army?

“But really... You haven’t even figured out how to short even the doors yet? I mean, it’s garbage tech. I bet you could make it out with a pencil, tape, and mirror. Do you have those?”

The material list brought back memories of the battle in Ego's core. Rocket had actually made a point of keeping some tape on hand since that day, as you never did know when you might need some to cover up an instant death button. (Given how frequently Rocket turned spare parts into devastating explosives, the answer was "more often than you'd think.")

Unfortunately, the tape--along with Rocket's other stuff--was currently in a locker somewhere else in the base. All he had on hand were his clothes and whatever happened to be in his cell, the latter of which was obviously designed not to be useful for a jailbreak. "Yeah, they left me a whole friggin' toolbox to work with in here," Rocket drawled, making sure to use his most sarcastic voice. "You got any questions that aren't completely stupid? And just who are you, anyway??"

@simon williams

PM
^
simon williams
 Posted: Jun 8 2017, 04:24 PM

Omega Level Member

Nicknames / Wonder Man

Age / 33

Occupation / Ex-Criminal

Single /

FC / joe manganiello

Hos / Central / He / Him

"Wastin' my time, clearly,"

Simon let out a long sigh while listening to the speaker crackle out Rocket’s tone. In a way, over the past few days all there had been was time, it’s not like they knew what to do with him. Williams was almost positive they were waiting for him to try to escape so they could arrest him officially for violating the accords or what not. Though this cell still remained home, not sign of frustrations or rebellion.

”Don’t we all.”

"You got any questions that aren't completely stupid? And just who are you, anyway??"

”Not really, I wasted all my A material when they imprisoned me.” A grin formed when he thought back to the moment he was handcuffed. In hindsight, he shouldn’t have barked just before they had placed them around his wrist, it had been a tense moment. Whatever agent they had assigned to do the deed, nearly passed out on the spot from the kneejerk surprise.

”Capt. called me something... I think that’ll stick. Just incase someone is listening in this giant spy base. Popsicle works.” Simon closed his eyes, leaving only slivers of energy leaking from the edges. Thunking the back of his head against the wall, he had vague memories of doing it as a child while waiting in endless lobbies and waiting rooms. For some reason it brought him comfort.

“How about you mysterious voice, how’d you end up here?” Inquiring next hurt, it was just another way to pass the time. It beat have to explain why he ripped him cuffs off and then marched to an exit dragging fifty plus shield agents out of boredom, or wanting something to drink.

Come to think of it, they hadn’t given him a single restroom break since he had come on board. There didn’t seem to be a lavatory, and the hands had been bound as well. That is a rather odd form of torture…

@Rocket Raccoon

PM
^
Rocket Raccoon
 Posted: Jun 9 2017, 12:56 AM

Nicknames / 89P13

Age / 10ish

Single / Groot?

Tamir / Pacific / He/Him

Rocket - Vocabulistics
Simon wasn't the only one frustrated by S.H.I.E.L.D.'s ponderously bureaucratic approach to their captives. Perhaps things would have been different in the days when the organization had gone underground; without the oversight of national governments, Coulson had been able to act at his own pace. Things were different now, though, which meant a lot of tedious waiting around for those who'd struck the wrong note with the agency. Not that Rocket had any way of knowing any of this, mind you. All he could tell was that humans were slow, fussy creatures and that waiting for them to let him out of their own accord was a stupid idea.

”Not really, I wasted all my A material when they imprisoned me.”

"You don't say," Rocket muttered. He sounded as gruff and unfriendly as ever, but he couldn't fully suppress an undertone of amusement in his voice. Now that Simon's irritating sarcasm wasn't targeted directly at his insecurities, it was that much easier to take it in stride (and not take it as a reason to think homicidal thoughts). At any rate, as long as he was stuck talking to the wrong human, it might as well at least be one with a sense of humor, right?

”Capt. called me something... I think that’ll stick. Just in case someone is listening in this giant spy base. Popsicle works.”

Rocket made a noise somewhere between a snort, a scoff, and a laugh. "Yeah, you got it, Popsicle," he snickered. What kind of a codename was that? He still didn't know what it meant, but the word itself sounded silly enough on its own. Unfortunately, the fact that Simon would willingly allow himself to be called that almost certainly meant it wasn't the devastating insult Rocket had earlier hoped it was.

What a disappointment.

“How about you mysterious voice, how’d you end up here?”

Truly a question for the ages, that one. "Well, let me tell you," Rocket began in the tone of someone who had been waiting to be asked. "I come to this planet out of the goodness of my frickin' heart to lend a helping hand, and these S.H.I.E.L.D. douchebags throw me in jail!" Shaking his head at the injustice of it all, he added, "This is what I get for bein' altruistical." Normally, he would have taken the moment to glance at Groot and take some satisfaction in the latter's sage agreement. He even looked to the side out of habit before catching himself and rolling his eyes. He was just glad nobody was around to see his mistake and poke fun at him for it.

@simon williams

PM
^
simon williams
 Posted: Jun 9 2017, 09:16 PM

Omega Level Member

Nicknames / Wonder Man

Age / 33

Occupation / Ex-Criminal

Single /

FC / joe manganiello

Hos / Central / He / Him

"I come to this planet out of the goodness of my frickin' heart to lend a helping hand, and these S.H.I.E.L.D. douchebags throw me in jail!"

“wha-” Simon had been preparing himself for crazy after the the non-human bit, but the idea of intergalactic travel wasn't something he had prepped for the possibility. Clearly the man on the other side was off his rocker, but there wasn’t anyone else at the moment to talk too. That said, maybe something was to be gleaned from the ramblings.

It wasn’t hard to draw comparisons between the two of them with the new information, both were trying to help. ”You know what… I kind of get that, sort of.” Williams supposed if he talked about flying or being able to turn into an energy form that could move buildings, that would get some looks and doubts. Not that it didn’t mean it wasn’t true, the world or in this case worlds. Had definitely gotten strange...

It wouldn’t hurt to open up if it was info that anyone listening would have already known. “Not the planet... But the helping hand bit. I was pinched after saving a few Agents.”

"This is what I get for bein' altruistical."

“Playing hero doesn’t seem to be having much of a different outcome than playing criminal.” Simon tilted his head down and let out a long sigh, comparisons to his past self didn’t come often. When they did, it was always like raking open an old wound. Taking you instantly back to the moment you received it… Williams struggled to keep the conversation going and avoid reflection.

“Errr.. What brought you to..” Don’t wuss out now, embrace the crazy and finish the sentence. “Earth anyway?”

@Rocket Raccoon

PM
^
Rocket Raccoon
 Posted: Jun 10 2017, 01:08 AM

Nicknames / 89P13

Age / 10ish

Single / Groot?

Tamir / Pacific / He/Him

Rocket - Well, You Asked
Rocket had been to dozens of planets in his life. Although he consciously knew that aliens coming to Earth were treated as an alarming rarity, he was having trouble reconciling it with his own life experience. His appearance anywhere else in the galaxy had never been treated as unusual because he happened to be from a different planet; it had been treated as unusual because he was a talking animal with a gun as long as he was tall.

”You know what… I kind of get that, sort of “Not the planet... But the helping hand bit. I was pinched after saving a few Agents. Playing hero doesn’t seem to be having much of a different outcome than playing criminal.”

Rocket's first impulse was to scoff and agree. "You got that right, Popsicle," he responded wearily. It was exhausting, coming all this way to help a species that was clearly too busy having its head crammed up its butt to actually appreciate what he was doing. Really, when someone crashed, you were supposed to check if they were alive, and if they were, then you were supposed to help them, not throw them in prison without a trial. (If they were dead, of course, you were free to loot what was left of their ship, but that was a moot point in this case.)

“Errr.. What brought you to...Earth anyway?”

The pause didn't escape Rocket's notice. He frowned, one ear flicking as he considered just what it meant. Were this anywhere else, he would have assumed his fellow prisoner had simply forgotten the name of the planet for a brief moment; there were, after all, a lot of planets in the galaxy, who could be bothered to remember the name of one as insignificant as this one? But unless S.H.I.E.L.D. had a bigger collection of aliens than he thought, that didn't seem likely.

In the end, he figured it didn't really matter. His purpose on Earth wasn't a secret, and if anything, he actually needed to spread the truth about it to anyone who might listen. Until Quill found his fellow Guardians and got things back on track, it was up to them to get the humans to understand what was coming and actually let them help. Since it was taking S.H.I.E.L.D. an aggravating amount of time to decide whether or not they believed him, he was just going to bypass them for the time being.

"Well see, there's a buncha crazy blue douchenozzles called the Kree on their way here to kill you all, and my buddy Quill wouldn't shut up about wantin' to stop 'em, so my other friends and I borrowed a ship and crashed it here and these S.H.I.E.L.D. morons gave us a real crappy welcome wagon." Thinking it over for a moment, Rocket nodded to himself, satisfied with his explanation. "Yeah, I think that about sums it up."

@simon williams

PM
^
simon williams
 Posted: Jun 10 2017, 01:31 PM

Omega Level Member

Nicknames / Wonder Man

Age / 33

Occupation / Ex-Criminal

Single /

FC / joe manganiello

Hos / Central / He / Him

Simon nodded along quietly though no one was there to see, except for the video camera feed.

"Well see, there's a buncha crazy blue douchenozzles called the Kree on their way here to kill you all, and my buddy Quill wouldn't shut up about wantin' to stop 'em, so my other friends and I borrowed a ship and crashed it here and these S.H.I.E.L.D. morons gave us a real crappy welcome wagon." "

So many questions derived from one statement, were intergalactic ships so bountiful that they could be simply borrowed with ease? The incident in New York had involved a portal according to the news, not many ships. That said, there were even more things to clarify. At the moment he was definitely the dunce on the subject of intergalactic travel and species.

Might as well embrace the crazy and see where the rabbit hole lead. “... what’s a blu- you called it a Kree? They are coming here? Like a lot of them?”

Simon perked up at the ‘kill you all’ while not a conspiracy nut, the tone sounded earnest. No one liked a douchenozzle.

"Yeah, I think that about sums it up."

“What’s a, Quill?” To be fair, Simon had been raised on Star Wars and that ilk of sci-fi, pictured was a humanoid of average height mixed with a porcupine. Bristles and spines everywhere, but with the adorable disney quality to the alien face.

This seemed like something (if true) Capt needed to know about, yesterday. “When are they- arriving? How are they getting here?”

This was raving on street corner stuff, but it was serious enough for the stranger to be imprisoned within a shield installation. That wasn’t run of the mill, so…. Shit. “Why didn’t anyone listen to you?”

@Rocket Raccoon

PM
^
Rocket Raccoon
 Posted: Jun 11 2017, 12:05 AM

Nicknames / 89P13

Age / 10ish

Single / Groot?

Tamir / Pacific / He/Him

Rocket - Q&A
As far as Rocket was concerned, his explanation had been quite clear and concise. The Kree weren't hard to sum up, and he'd given a rundown of the most important details leading up to this cell-to-cell conversation; what was there to misunderstand? It was rather satisfying, then, to note that Simon sounded genuinely curious, if still somewhat blindsided by the concentrated crazy he'd just heard. He was already getting tired of convincing humans that an attack was on the way.

“... what’s a blu- you called it a Kree? They are coming here? Like a lot of them?”

"A whole frickin' army," Rocket answered grimly. Truth be told, he wasn't sure Earth stood much of a chance with or without the forewarning and assistance the Guardians were offering. Their tech was clearly not up to snuff, and from what he understood, their physiology was certainly no match for a Kree's. Sheer numbers might be their salvation, but that would require a sort of dedication and willingness to sacrifice one's own life that Rocket rarely saw in people of any species. Which was, he believed, because it was stupid. When a battle was completely pointless, you ran.

“What’s a, Quill?”

With a shrug, Rocket went back to work on the wiring. This conversation was turning out more pleasantly than he'd initially expected, but he still had a job to do and limited time to do it. "Quill? Oh, he's just one of my friends," he said casually. "You'd like 'im, he's human, like you." Of course, Rocket couldn't actually be certain that he was talking to a human, but Quill had mentioned they were likely the only aliens walking around on Earth at the moment. Why would he assume any different?

“When are they- arriving? How are they getting here? Why didn’t anyone listen to you?”

"Because humans are idiots? Uh--no offense," Rocket added hastily. In humanity's defense, they probably weren't the stupidest race out there, but they were probably somewhere in the top 25, at least. Throwing their best hopes of survival into a secret, underground jail had moved them up the stupid ladder a few rungs, but there was still time for them to correct their mistake before it cost lives.

@simon williams

PM
^
simon williams
 Posted: Jun 12 2017, 11:15 PM

Omega Level Member

Nicknames / Wonder Man

Age / 33

Occupation / Ex-Criminal

Single /

FC / joe manganiello

Hos / Central / He / Him

"A whole frickin' army,"

“Blue army of space boogey men, got it” Simon’s eyes squinted tightly, bottom lip firmly pressing upwards forcing a stern contemplative look. If he had known the man, this look would be dubbed the Coulson in honor. For now however, sitting and shackled Simon thought about the future and if this could possible be real. If there was even a slight chance, it needed to be explored?

Isolation with no one to hear you, is a terrifying thing. Simon had spent years trying to scream without a mouth to do so. This had formed a simple pact between him and the abyss, if there was a chance to listen. He would do so.

"Quill? Oh, he's just one of my friends, You'd like 'im, he's human, like you."

Nodding along like an idiot as if someone could hear it turned out to be contagious, Simon just didn’t notice he was doing it.

"Because humans are idiots? Uh--no offense,"

“That we are.” When first catching up on humanity in the past five years, they had given Simon a tablet to speed up the process. There were enough videos on youtube alone to serve as a master thesis to Rocket’s statement. That was a good day of binging alone. “None take, you just need to make them listen.”

Having stared at the cell walls for so long, it had become easier to completely detach. Zone out, forget just what limitations they instilled but rather focus on things outside of the walls. If the info was legitimate, it would be vital. If it was a crock, it would at least be worth a razzing in the future. For now a poorly plotted plan was forming in his mind. “Count me in, I might be able to get some friends to help.”

“I just need to get some of my equipment back, I give it about a thirty to seventy I can pull it off...”

@Rocket Raccoon

PM
^
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

OPTIONSPages: (2) 1 2  REPLY NEW TOPIC START POLL